Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BIttersweet.

Today marks the end of a chapter in my life. Today is the first day I have NOT officially been a student at the University of Saint Thomas; no longer a Tommie. It is bittersweet. My time at St. Thomas were fantastic. Filled with freshman parties, the meeting of new friends, and the ups and downs of college life. I miss everything about this period in my life. My friends, family, campus life, even the cafeteria we all seemed to dread. However, there is nothing I will miss more than my roommates. My crazy, diverse roommates.
Before college, I never had so many people who were willing to literally "have my back" in any given situation. These people were, of course, my best friends; in other words, my roommates. I will eternally miss our shower parties, our group facebook sessions, and of course, the nights where we would stay up until 5 AM watching random movies. The time I spent with these people will never be forgotten or taken for granted. Barracks boys for life.
With every chapter closed, another is opened. I find myself the writer on these blank pages. Plunking out words that will shape my life in the months, and years, to come. My life will now be what I make of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM

Looking back at my life, I will miss the things I once knew, but I will always remember the things that have shaped me, and made me the seemingly spontaneous person I am today.....
"Well I've been afraid of changing cause I built my life around you, but time makes you bolder; and I'm getting older too....."-Fleetwood Mac

My continued gratitude to all those in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment