Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't Let The Good Times Pass You By...

Today I have taken a huge step in my life. Today, I have made a huge decision that will shape my life in whichever way I allow it.
Today began like any other; I woke up, showered, got dressed, did my hair; you know, the usual things. Then, I proceeded to hop on a bus, and find my way to an apartment showing I had set up for the day.
When I arrived at the apartment complex, I was hit with an overwhelming sense of innocence. Here I was, a small-town, otherwise Minnesota boy; at the helm of my life; skating on the brink of success, or failure. As I entered the building, I was filled with mixed feelings. I was starting a brand new life. One without concrete plans, without mass friend crowds, without a job. I was starting over. I AM starting over. Beginning anew. I am scared. But at the same time, I am filled with overwhelming excitement. This is MY life. I am taking control, and making it what I want it to be. Honestly, what can feel better than that? What can be better than the having the feeling that you are "on top of the world."
I met with the leasing agent, and began the walk to what could quite possibly be my future home. He turned the key and opened the door. What I saw before me, left me in awe. From the window in the apartment living room, I could see the mountains; I could see the Hollywood sign; Los Angeles laid out before me. I was at a shortage of words. What I was looking at was something you would expect to see on a postcard, not in real life! What I was looking at, was, my home.
(A view quite similar to this one!)

I pictured myself sitting in this apartment late at night, vigorously finishing my homework. I saw myself hosting parties, and having friends over; saw myself cooking in the kitchen (Well, using the microwave in the kitchen). In that moment, I made a crazy decision. I wanted this apartment. I wanted the view. I wanted the bright living room in which I felt so much inspiration.

I now find myself at a coffee shop on Wilshire Boulevard. Filling out an application for this apartment. This is my home. This is where I belong. And although I do not have everything figured out yet, I know everything will work out. This is where I want to be; where I want to continue my life, my education, and my career.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday that you'll join us.
-John Lennon

As performed by my girl, Lady Gaga.

Follow your dreams; find yourself. Otherwise, what are they but dreams? Make your life what you want it to be. DO NOT settle for anything less that was you see as perfect. Put yourself where you want to be in live. And by all means, make it work.

Thank you guys so much for following me on this journey through life. I hope you continue to support me, and stay in contact while I try to find myself in this world. I love each and every one of you. 


This is my life, and I'm making the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest boy in the world! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh :) Thank you so much, girl! Thanks for following...

    ReplyDelete